Saturday, March 12, 2011

Too Late

My skin is dry, my vision is hazy and my face is hot. An average 1 AM around here. I'm listening to music from before I was even a tingly sensation in my dad's testes. But that's the best kind, right? I'm hungry after eating nothing but a sandwich that had two waffles instead of bread (we're all out), a frappe, and a brownie. Yay, fitness!

Today I'm really digging the Beatles. Everything they did was pure genius. Every single moment of almost every song is pure bliss. I've been listening to them for years, and it's weird to me that some of their best songs are unknown to a lot of people. "Dear Prudence", "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite". Amazing songs. "Rock Raccoon" is really amazing, too. I just love the music they made together, until that Oriental Benedict Arnold came in and ruined everything. But, what will be, will be. I can still enjoy their music. Everything they did was so revolutionary and different from every other standard upheld in their time. I wish I had known them, honestly. They're all I want to listen to right now. Since I'm not able to type without repeating the same words over and over and using extensive run-on sentences, I'm gonna leave you with some lyrics.

"Rocky Raccoon checked into his room
Only to find Gideon's bible
Rocky had come equipped with a gun
To shoot off the legs of his rival
His rival it seems had broken his dreams
By stealing the girl of his fancy."



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-b776ypvS0

No comments:

Post a Comment